Tuesday 2 September 2008

Monday night with Nanny Mcphee


nannymcphee250
Originally uploaded by victoriaros56
The weather here in Oxfordshire has definitely changed for the worst, autumn is in the air as is the strong smell of wood burning fires and strong scotch broth. The natural instinct of all of mason du Rose is to hibernate but since we are still being forced to go to workee (well two out of the three) we decided to have a film night instead. Nanny McPhee was the chosen film (recommemded by the awesome Suzi) so we curled up on the sofa and watched it. If you haven't seen it I would definitely recommend it, the catchphrase 'I did knock' and 'hmmmmm' have now both been adopted as house mottos.

The chickens are absoultely hating this weather. I went to see them last night for a cuddle and they were really cold (so I put some more hay in after I had warmed them all up). This morning when I went round to let them out their run was covered in slugs (which I hope they will eat) and their food dish had fallen over spilling its contents all over the place. I think I will return tonight to damp, fed up birdies, but I think they will just have to get used to this wet weather.

Final bit of news, today after weeks of searching it seems my rapper side may have found a new practice venue in Wallingford (which is a bit of a pain to get to, but hey if this works out it means we can keep practicing :-). We are going their tonight hopefully to scope it out and have a meeting (which I think may involve going into the cross keys for a swift half). I have really missed dancing, especially when we were at Towersey having to watch other people do it (its dangerous but I guess that's also what makes it fun). Anyway I shall attend tonight & report back tomorrow.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...