Wednesday 14 January 2009

Hard to explain

So last night my friend Sam and I ventured out in the very, very cold to see mystery band Quadraphobe. Now you are going to have to concentrate for this bit. We went because my friend Adam (who is coincidentally Sam's car share Adam) has a friend who is involved with them in some way (I think he's actually in the band) and so we were dragged to see them. As any good pop pundit would I checked them on the web beforehand (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=21151173) I was promised "Pioneers of Anglo-German farmyard power-pop" and their genre was listed as ska/pop/funk. I think that would be a slight misinterpretation but I think I can claim pretty fairly that they were entertaining (whether they meant to be this kind of entertaining I still can't tell :-)

I'm well back into the workee swing of things now and it would almost feel like I hadn't been away were it not for all the nice little treasures that I was lucky enough to bring back from Tenerife. I'm going to try and make this my New years aim (as well as the resolutions that I'm working on achieving at the moment, and my general resolve to not get worked up/stressed about things I can't change) to sit back and enjoy things once in a while and not go tearing about like a mad thing. With this in mind I rifled through my old CD collection on Friday night and listened to some stuff I hadn't heard for years as well as some stuff that I had neglected of late because I had bad personal memories associated with it. The upshot of this is that I have fallen in love with Interpol again (they were off my listening radar for the second reason listed) for like the four millionth time and have sworn never to neglect them again and I will be adding the strokes (neglected for the first reason) hard to explain to my ipod as soon as I get the chance. It seems to capture perfectly what I'm feeling right now...

I missed the last bus, I'll take the next train

I try but you see, it's hard to explain

I say the right things, but act the wrong way

I like it right here, but I cannot stay

I watch the TV; forget what I'm told

Well, I am too young, and they are too old

The joke is on you, this place is a zoo

"You're right it's true"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...