Tuesday 30 October 2012

A first for the arucana babies

My little Arucana babies are growing up. I went to clean them out at the weekend and to my surprise (as we didn't think they would start laying till next year) this awaited me.
I think its from Carmen as she seems to have gained a red wattle above her beak where there others are still pink. I got another yesterday as well but nothing this morning, perhaps she is having a day off? They are much smaller than the eggs from the ex-batts
 but the Arucanas are a lot smaller birds at the moment. Still they seem to be holding their own in the egg cabinet!
In other news it's (finally) my stained glass course tomorrow & Thursday, this was my birthday present from mum & dad & I'm really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to do a variation on this design
 which I found in my research (I really like that it has simple shapes but represents the owl so well). Better get some sleep an exciting day tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...