Monday 27 February 2012

the one where I buy the oversize porcerlain cat...


This weekend I met up with the wonderful Alex to have a royally overdue catchup and explore the delights of Camden market. When I was a teenager Camden market was my go to place for all things cool (my uncle had a flat round the corner in the very posh Regents parks area and gave my mum a key to his place so we could pop in whenever we wanted) however since swapping the streets of London for the golden glow of Oxford I haven't been back. Would I be disappointed? Would Camden not be cool anymore? I needn't have worried, all was as it should be. Alex took me to a fantastic tea shop for lunch (a baguel and delicious chocolate cake) and then we headed to the market. One of the first things we saw was a 3ft high black poreclain cat in a shop stuffed full of 60's items. To say it was love at first sight would not be an understatement, but we had just started shopping. We asked the shopkeeper about it (as well as the prospect of getting it shipped to Oxford (they had a massive sign announcing they shipped worldwide). No she couldn't ship it had we felt how heavy it was? We felt, it was pretty heavy. Alex valiently offered to carry it for me, but we would have to go back for it later. I asked the lady if she would save it & that wasn't possible either so after wandering round London all afternoon (and visiting this very cool camera shop, I really want one of these) we returned, and to my joy it was still there. So guess where it is now? That's right, at home with me :-)

2 comments:

Alex said...

Only just seen this! That Alex chap is devilishly handsome, and ever so valiant... ;-)

Vikki said...

He does have his uses... :-) Excellent Camden action!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...