Saturday 17 September 2011

All Hail Hailing Island

So this weekend myself and his Jammyness headed to Hailing Island to see my auntie Yvonne. Auntie Yvone has always lived on hailing Island, but I haven't visited since I was little (my lasting memory of the place was that there was a cracking pet shop around the corner from Auntie Yvonnes house with a massive Python in it called Monty, you should be able to tell from this I was at an impressionable age :-). Anyway we headed back to visit and although the weather was a bit blustery (well I guess it was November) the place is just as lovely as I remeber it ( its like time has turned back, in the best possible way). Saturday we walked to the shore and explored the many antiques shop, eventually stumbling on a great little bakery (result) and on Sunday Auntie Yvonne took us for lunch at her local sailing club. It was lovely food and a beautiful view (mum and dad were also visiting as they had been looking after Auntie Yvonnes house, and dad was very keen to see the squadron of spitfires which were appearing at the goodwood revial festival, but alas the weather was too bad). We did however have a lovely weekend, here are some photos, mostly taken by Jam who stole the camera...
 Mum, aunti Yvonne, Me & Jam
 Squadron leader (Rtd) keeps his eyes peeled, sadly to no avail...
Boats in the harbour

 Jam experimenting with photos through a telescope
 The usual suspects...
Awww if you need to avert your eyes note the nautical curtains :-)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...