Tuesday 25 January 2011

A bit of reflection...

I guess I owe a bit of an apology to this blog. My posting over the last couple of months has been, if anything, sporadic. It probably didn't help that my camera charger broke (hence no pictures) and that I came down with the fluyest of flus before Christmas but life is rarely perfect. I hope now that I've recharged both my camera and my creative batteries I will once again be haunting these parts a bit more regularly (best friend Fi and I had a bit if a chat re the whole blogging thing and I reached a few blog/life conclusions).

My blog will never be as pretty as some of those that exsist, it's a fact, I'm not going to beat myself up over it, I could make it like that but I haven't really got the time and I don't really think it's supposed to be all about appearance (especially at the expense of content). To have something pretty was not why I started this blog, it was meant to be more like a creative look what I did/found/a recording place whereas for other bloggers I can see appearance has a lot more significance (and that;s great, I love looking at pretty things why should cyberspace be any different?). I'd love for every post to look perfect but at the end of the day if my posts help to convey even a tiny bit of what I'm trying to communicate to just one person then the time it takes me just to do my own entries (they still take a while) will have been worth it.

With this in mind this year on this blog I'm going to try and be less militant with myself (you must post) and also share more of the things that inspire me as an artist (I still feel uncomfortable using that term, but it's the best I can come up with at the moment)/writer and musician as well and trying to record my own thoughts/capturing my own feelings and times.

So here they are my current loves/slight obsessions...

This bangle I completely adore (in fact I was so helpless in the face of it's gothic beauty I accidentally bought it (oops)) it's from this fantastic etsy seller www.etsy.com/shop/ParAmourDesign . My friend Lindsay correctly identified the Edgar Allen Poe subtext but I stumbled across it while I was doing some research for some resin projecs of my own (it's amazing/dangerous what you can do with a google image search...)
TV show - Being Human - A werewolf a ghost and a vampire in a houseshare in Bristol. Okay they are no longer technically in Bristol (side thought - having visisted for work I think I can see why everyone likes Bristol so much, it reminded me a lot of the homelands of Manchester, but that could be down to the fact it was raining thin rain when we visited). First episode of series 3 was aired on Sunday, it watched it with cautiom as I loved the first two series. I'm not going to give you a spoiler but I will say I thought it was as good as the previous series and as an individual episide I found it very very good indeed. You can watch it on i player here www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00y3756 (*joy*).
And last but by no means least a combined audio/visual treat. One of my favourite local bands Message to Bears made this stunning music/video
(the song is called Mountains). I think I love everything about it/it just confirms their brilliantness. Directed John Owen - Slate7films.com. Featuring Susanna Herbert and Steve Dolton. Bear myspace www.myspace.com/messagetobears


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...