Wednesday 11 August 2010

Another year passes...


So today it was my birthday! I took the day off work and treated myself to a long lie in (alas no bath as our hot water cylinder is still broken), followed by the classic posh breakfast scrambled eggs and smoked salmon brown toast and a little glass of prosecco (just a little one) before sorting through my cards (got this beautiful cat necklace from Nichi, a girl after my own catty heart). There wasn't however much time for dawdling I had to get dressed and into Oxford for the extended tour of the Bodleian Library (last year I did the short tour with Nichi which was brilliant but I've been wanting to do the extended one for a while, plus the library is just about to have a major refurbishment so I wanted to see it before all the work was done). The tour was brilliant and we got to see a lot of behind the scenes stuff which just convinced me that the Bodleian is just as wonderful as I suspected! After my tour I went round the second hand bookshops in Oxford (which was really nice as it was nice & quiet what with everyone else at work) I didn't find the book I was looking for however so I decided to spend my book money on tea and cake in the Ashmolean in their vaulted cafe. After that it was back home to open a few more bottles of prosecco and prepare for my friends coming round. I got some lovely presents, some fantastic lilly's (not just beautful but a fantastic smell as well). Sam bought me some girly films and more fizz (always dangerous), Dave bought me a book and red wine (there is a theme emerging here, can you spot it?). But I don;t think anyone will mind me admitting that my favourite present (by a country mile) are my two new cuddly additions. The girls are a present fro Trish & Malc, they are Arucanas, an American breed of chicken who lay blue eggs. Readers of this blog will know I've been after some chickens for ages, so my birthday presents are much appreciated. I have named them Alice and Bella after the vampires from Twilight as they are a very pale lavender/grey, definitely pale and interesting. What a lovely day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...