Tuesday 20 January 2009

Still not done...

So now, even right this moment, I should be typing up my pancake feature (deadline Friday) but I'm afraid it just ain't happening. Mostly because I've had a pretty tough morning but also I always find it hard copying up stuff onto the computer, its not the same as when your writing and in direct flow like I am now. At the moment I'm afraid there is rather a lot of copying up to be done as paper has to suffice when an Internet connection is lacking. The upshot of this? (and this is something I've realised for a while now) we really really need Internet access at home. I will look into it.

Last night I had my violin lesson as I've got a folk festival meeting on Wed. Robin took pity on me and drove me home as it his last lesson of the day (and he's trying to persuade me to become his sound technician for when he plays live, I'll probably do it anyway but if he want to keep giving me lifts then that's fine :-). His car is pretty new and has a temperature gage on it. It was -1 when I got in the car and dropped to -2 by the time I got home (I only live 10 minutes away!) Cold weather indeed. No rapper tonight or in fact anytime soon. I made the really difficult decision over Christmas to give it up, as its quite a long way away from where I live, I've never actually danced out with the team and I feel that rather than being a help sometimes, I am a hindrance (all the other ladies who dance have another side that they dance with as well). Still I have had a great time, I'm really glad I did it and I hope that at some point in the future (under, I hope more favourable circumstances) I will be able to take it back up again.

So nothing to do this evening apart from house stuff. I thought I might do some cooking. I've got a recipe for hazelnuts in honey from my new River cottage diary that I'm anxious to try plus some beetroot from Fi (that needs pickling). If I'm lucky I might even be able to fit in a smidgen more decorating (excitingly I have to go buy more paint this weekend, this must mean progress, slow progress maybe but progress nonetheless) & I might drop in on Fi this evening to give her my lime (actually grown on my lime tree) and see how Alex is (he wasn't very well at the weekend, poor little bean). So having said nothing is going on tonight there is actually quite a bit of stuff going on, always the way...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...