Wednesday 19 November 2008

All change please...

I'm having a wobble, it has to be said, the fact that Christmas is approaching and work is getting stressy is seriously worrying me (plus the fact that next year I know its going to get worse, my page count increases by 3000 pages and I get three new journals, eekkk!). The hardest part of all this however is trying to work out whether this is just a seasonal wobble or whether this might be time for a change. I have follewed advice and listed the pro's & cons and the list is pretty even, so I think the best way is to carry on until Jan & then review everything then in a kind of new year, new stuff kind of way. Until then I've got Christmas to worry about. Last weekend I started the Christmas shopping (Although this weekend I will be going down to London to Christmas Shop proper & celibrate my friend, Posh Ben's birthday), it will be nice to be back in London again but I'm glad I'm only visiting :-). Before going away I have been trying to get on with stuff at home (this is also vaguely connected with workee stuff in that I'm hoping if I get the house life sorted out the work life will follow). First off I was very virtuous and transformed almost all of my pressed Orchids into cards, they will be appearing in my folksy shop as soon as I get a minuite to get that sorted. The first prototype (and one of my favourites) was a pink Orchid which when pressed lost most of its colour to the blotting paper and turned into white with purple paint marks. This has been mounted onto plain card to show off the dapples and one of these has been put in the post to my Nanna (I hope she likes it, she is mostly my harshest critic).

Last night was supposed to be my first night back dancing at rapper practice. I got home & got changed despite not feeling very in the mood for going, I waited & waited & waited but no Lizzy came to collect me so instead I made a cup of tea, played with Witchcat (who has developed a habit of waking up at 6am at the moment, honestly) and watched a very interesting documentary about the whale shark (they are massive & very very interesting). I also started re- reading one of my favourite books, Dodie Smith's I capture the castle, (if you haven't read it I hightly recommend it, don't be put off by 101 dalmations this is completely different). Every year one of my new years resolutions is to start writing again properly, but with the house to get sorted (not to mention Castle Industries to set up) I never seem to have the time (I can hear my ex-creative writing tutor in my head saying 'well you should make the time', as usual he is right). No violin tonight, this week it has been moved to Thursday which means it will be Violin follwed very quickly by Morris but then the end of the week & London is very nearly here. Rght back to it...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...