Friday 12 September 2008

Its all happening!

I'm sorry I haven't updated this blog for a couple of days, only its been kind of manic over at Mason Du Rose, there is some good news, some bad news but its all here. Right to start from Wednesday, I won the auction for the spinning wheel, hurrah, they are sending it in the post (?!) so it should be arriving in the next couple of days. The next thing I will need to find is some roving to spin on it. There are some lovely ones on etsy but there is no point me spending loads on money on roving till my spinning is of a reasonable standard. The next thing of note is that my rapper side Mabel Gubbins have found a new practice hall in the village of Brightwell-cum-Sotwell (the village itself is fantastic, it looks like prime headless horse terratory and its pub looks just like a normal house so you don't find it unless you already know where it is). The practice hall itself is actually a cricket pavilion but its absolutely perfect for what we want.

The last bit of news is unfortunately the bad bit. I was informed last night that my great Aunt Doreen died yesterday morning. She had been ill with Parkinson's disease for a very long time and as my dad put it it was in some ways a relief, in that she was not suffering anymore. The funeral is expected to be next Friday but this won't be confirmed until my parents get home (they had gone away for the week). I was really upset last night and work today is going really slowly but its the first work football match of the season at lunch so I have determined to go & watch that with my friend David to try & take my mind off things. Plus David has promised to buy me some tiffin cake so how could I refuse?

As I don't want to end this post on a down note I shall also reveal my plans for the weekend. This is the first time in ages that I'm not rushing off anywhere so I'm thinking I might walk into Abingdon, buy the book that I've wanted for a while from mostly books & then return home to lots of tea, knitting and cake (I still haven't managed to track down the limited edition fondant fancies, I went to waitrose but the shelf it was bare), but I did stumble upon the most amazing knitted lobster pattern, more on that & a knitting update in Monday's post). I also had some vague notion of painting a bit more of my room but we'll see how the time goes.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...